The Subclass 676 visa is for those people who wish to travel to Australia for a long stay holiday, who’s main purpose of visit is for recreation or to visit family and/or friends. The Subclass 676 visa may also be used for other short-term, non-work purposes including study for less than 3 months.
The Subclass 676 visa is either granted with a maximum stay of six or twelve months entry. Both types of visas are valid on your passport for a twelve month period from the date of issue.
In January 2006 the Australian Department of Immigration, Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) recommended to eligible countries the subclass 676 visa over the ‘Form 48’. This removed the need for passports having to accompany a visa application to the local High Commissions. Labels and stamps are also no longer required as the Subclass 676 is assigned to your passport number. This in turn has reduced the entire application process.
Please note, Subclass 676 visas can be processed in as little as 10 days though, as each application is unique, applications could take several weeks to be granted depending upon your personal circumstances.
Our visa processing team will keep you fully informed of your visas progress throughout the application process.
What does the Subclass 676 visa let me do?
- Stays of up to six or twelve months per visit.
- Multiple entries in to Australia for 12 months from the date of ISSUE!
- Study up to three months.
For more information or advise on this or other tourist visas please do not hesitate to contact one of our dedicated team who will be more than happy to best advise or answer any questions that you may have. Alternatively you can request an application pack to be posted out to you.
- Applicants who are under 70 years of age will not usually be requested to undergo any health requirements, unless they have stated any medical conditions on the application form.
- Over 70 years of age (Visitor Visa Medical Certificate 70-85) a doctor report is required for all applicants applying for a long stay visitor’s visa. The medical form is available on this site to download.
- Over 85 Years of age (Visitors Visa Medical Certificate 85+) this is intended for anyone visiting Australia on a long stay visitor visa. The medical form is available on this site to download.
- All Medical forms will be posted out to you once you have applied.
- Applicants over 70 years of age will also be required to provide evidence they have sufficient health/travel insurance for their stay in Australia. If you do not have sufficient cover please fee free to contact us for a free quotation.