University (HU), Mansehra
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the admission
Note: HU offers admission in two of its campuses. Most of the below FAQs are applicable to the
main campus at Mansehra. However, academic rules, admission policy and procedure for
admission are same for both campuses (Mansehra main campus and Battagram – sub campus).
Candidates who are interested in Battagram campus are required to contact the admission
office for further details.
Hazara University Admissions (Online) Session Fall
Please refer these answers as a first resource for queries about applying to the
Fall 2021. If you do not find your answers in these information, please contact HU-Admissions
at the following link: https://admissions.hu.edu.pk/ or Admission Office Contact Numbers at:
03105345345, 0997-414143, 0997-414190.
Q1. Recognition of Hazara University by HEC
Hazara University, Manshera is a public sector university established in 2001at Mansehra
District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan by the Government, recognized by HEC and
other relevant bodies in the country, www.hec.gov.pk or http://hed.gkp.pk/?page_id=792.
Q2. Academic Programmes offered by the university: Various market oriented programmes are offered,
please see the below list for your quick reference and for further detail you may visit to the official
website of the university: http://ww.hu.edu.pk
Academic Departments/Programmes: (offered in Fall 2021)
S.No. Department Contact Person
1. Department of Archaeology Dr. Naveed Usman
2. Department of Architecture Adnan Anwar
3. Department of Agriculture Dr. Muhammad Sajid
4. Department of Art & Design Mr. Hasnain Malik
5. Department of Biochemistry 0333-5071757
6. Department of Bioinformatics Dr. Faisal Nouroz
7. Department of Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering 0334-9537908
8. Department of Botany ———-
9. Department of chemistry Dr. Wajid Rehman
10. Department of Communication & Media Studies Dr. Shujaat Ali Khan
11. Department of Computer Science and Information Technology Dr. Arif Iqbal
12. Department of Conservations Studies Dr. Zain ul Wahab
13. Department of Economics D. Misbah Nosheen
14. Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences Syed Hasnain Ali Shah
15. Department of Education Prof. Dr. Manzoor Hussain
16. Department of English Mr. Abdul Shakoor
17. Department of Islamic and Religious Studies Mr. Muhammad Sabir
18. Department of law MS. Sira Ali
19. Department of Mathematics & Statistics Dr. Hafiz Abdul Wahab
20. Department of Microbiology Dr. Isfahan Touseef
21. Department of Pakistan Studies MS. Ayesha Alam
22. Department of Physics Dr. Salih Muhammad
23. Department of Political Science Dr. Muhammad yaz
24. Department of Public Administration Dr. Muhammad Waseem
25. Department of Sociology Dr. Khalil ur Rehman
26. Department of Telecommunication Dr. Noor Ul Amin
27. Department of Tourism & Hospitality Dr. Anas Muhammad Arif
28. Department of Psychology Dr. Sher Dil
29. Department of Management Sciences Mr. Khalid Mehmood
30. Department of Urdu Dr. Muhammad Rehman
31. Department of Zoology Dr. Shumaila Noureen
Q3. Procedure to apply
Only online apply is acceptable. Apply online using the url: http://admissions.hu.edu.pk
To create an online application account through Hazara University Online Admission, you are required to have a valid email address. Please use your account (Any Email) to create your
online application account and validate your account with email verification. Then access to
your HU-Admissions account by filling the appropriate information on the required format. (HUAdmissions System will guide you steps by step)
It is advised to create only One Account for the online application submission.
Q4. Eligibility criteria of each programmes.
• For all BS programmes, candidates must have passed Intermediate (FSc/FA/ICS) exam or
equivalent. Click on the following url for further details :
• Students who have done A-level or any other qualification from abroad are required to
produce equivalency certificate from relevant authority.
• For admission in BS,Law (LLB) and BS Architecture programmes, candidate must fulfil
the criteria of the relevantaccreditation council.
• For all MPhil/MS and MBA, candidate must have passed relevant BS level degree with
at-least a CGPA 2.5 or above or 60% and GAT (General) OR GRE (General) test with atleast 50% marks. The candidate must not have less than 45% marks in any examination.
• For all PhD programmes, candidate must have passedrelevant MS/MPhil (18 years of
education) with at-least CGPA 3.0 and at least obtained 60% marks in GAT subject or
scored 60 and UGAT (University own test), the score must be 70% or more.
Q5. Where can I give test?
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, the university is arranging its own test on regular
basis (minimum three times) to facilities candidates who wish to get admission into the PhD or
Q6. Fee structure of each academic programme – tuition fee and othersKeeping in view the socio-economic situation of the area, fee of all programmes is kept very
low. Details can be found on at: http://admissions.hu.edu.pk/fee-structure
Q7. Financial aid and Scholarships
A number of lucrative scholarships are available at HU through the HEC, other government
organizations, the list of all such scholarship is already provided in the admission
advertisement. The list can also be viewed on http://admissions.hu.edu.pk/financial-add
Q7. Payment facilities (installments – one time)
Tuitions fee is paid semester wise but installments can be given after the written application
from student with justification. Application for the installment of fee can be submitted to the
admission staff at the Student Services Center (SSC).
Q8. Details of deadlines and submissions
Deadlines for various activities are announced through website and admission advertisements.
Read and follow these deadlines.
Q9. Accreditation of academic Programmes by various accreditation bodies
All of academic programmes where it is compulsory are accredited by the relevant bodies. For
example BS Architecture is accredited by the Pakistan Council for Architects and Town
Planners (PCATP)Council, find the list at the
LLB programme is accredited by the Pakistan Bar Council of Law
In addition to the accreditation, all programmes are also recognized by the HEC, Pakistan.
Q10. Hostel facilities and fee structureHostel facilities on affordable fee are available for both male and female students. Interested
students are required to apply for hostel after using the online admission system.
Q11. Transport and fee structure/routes
The university provides pick and drop facilities from various points around the university with
highly subsidized rates. Pick and drop points are identified and finalized after the consultation
with students availing this facilities.
Q12. NTS – or entry test for admission at HU
See Q4 & Q5 above.
Q13. GAT/GRE status for MS and PhD programmes (university own test, if any)
See Q4 & Q5 above.
Q14. Credit hour transfers (Inter University and Intercampus)
Yes, the university allow students of other recognized universities to transfer their studies to
HU. All such candidates are required to meet the admission staff in person at the SSC or call
them for further details on mobile numbers given in the admission advertisement and this
Q15. Facilities in the campus
The campus is spread over on more than 1000kanals land surrounded by beautiful scenic views
of the mountains.
Campus provides outstanding facilities for curricula, co and extra curricula activities. Sports
facilities of international standards are available for students with no additional cost. In order
to enable students to play games, the university is planning to install lights with few sports
facilities from this summer onward.
Q16. Selection criteria, what are the various steps that decides the selection
The university is open to all and offers admission strictly on merit basis who fulfils the
admission criteria. However, there are some reserved seat for various areas of the country
such as FATA, special persons, Baluchistan other provinces (on flooting basis), etc.
Steps for the admission:
1. Submit complete online application using http://admissions.hu.edu.pk/
2. After the closing date merit list of the successful candidates will be displayed on
website. (Note: Mater and PhD students will also be required to appear in the interview)
3. Deposit tuition fee and other fee on deadline.
4. Final registration and timetable for classes will be issued to those candidates who
complete all of the above requirements successfully through HU-CMS (Campus
Q17. Switching fields to another degree after a year studies at HU
Students can switch from one degree programme to another following rules and regulation.
Q18. Contact information of different campuses and Head of Programmes
See list at Q-2 above.
Q19. Specializations offered at both Bachelor’s and Master’s level
Under various degree programmesHU provide an opportunity to students to take some courses
from the specialization of their own interest. Specializations are offered in the last two years.
Students are advised by the relevant Department in this regard.
Q20. Admissions for Diploma holders from relevant or irrelevant background.
Candidate having diploma like DAE, D.Com are eligible for admission in BS programs subject to
the equivalence/relevance of the subject program.
Q21. Research facilitiesHU provides state of art research facilities for both undergrad (BS) and graduate (MS & PhD)
level students. Interested students are required to visit official website or campus and meet
various faculty members related to their degree of interest.
Q22. National and International Collaborations
The university has created a number of collaboration with various organizations and university
in Pakistan and abroad. The Complete list can be found on the official website under ORIC
Q23. Internship Opportunity
Limited internship opportunities are available in the form of Campus Internship Program and
Assistance-ship for the graduates with good academic standing and GPA.
Q24. Assistantship for Students
Yes, limited seats are available and award to Master and PhD students only.
Q25. PhD Approved supervisor
Yes, a number of HEC PhD Approved supervisors are available with the university.
For Any query not cover in the above, please contact on contact details given above.
Students’ Services Center SSC